The UK has a vibrant, fast moving and constantly evolving cloud computing market with multiple cloud providers offering innovative cloud services at the infrastructure, platform and software level. This combination of cloud providers means UK businesses and consumers are able to access a range of and technologically advanced, free to use, and paid cloud services.
The UK benefits from driving innovation in cloud based technologies and driving the use and exploitation of cloud. We can maintain world leading supply-side expertise and world beating demand-side exploitation, accelerating innovation and productivity. But to do all of this UK has to be kept at the forefront of cloud adoption, techUK has identified six key issues that need to be addressed to ensure this happens.
- Enabling data portability and system interoperability within the cloud computing ecosystem
- Building trust in the security of cloud computing services
- Embracing the change required to optimise the use of cloud
- Building a coherent regulatory framework for cloud
- Ensuring effective public sector adoption and usage of cloud
- Having a communications infrastructure that keeps pace with mass cloud adoption.